Offering telehealth and in-person sessions
Ages 7+, families
Providing services in English and Spanish
Laura is not accepting new clients right now, but a waitlist is available. If you are interested in working with this counselor, you can either contact them directly, or register as a new patient with them here.
Hello! I’m Laura, and I’m so happy that you are here. As a social-justice oriented therapist, I am passionate about bridging the gap between underserved communities and access to therapy. Much of my education and training has focused on multicultural counseling competences with diverse populations.
Research shows that the connection between counselor and client is an essential part of the therapeutic process. That is why my number one priority is creating a trusting, safe space for you to process your thoughts and feelings. You do not have to do this alone. I am honored to be here to walk by your side during your journey.
My experience includes:
- Individual counseling with adults with issues such as depression, anxiety, grief, and trauma
- Running insight-oriented therapy groups with college students
- Working with children, teens and adults with autism
- Assisting adults with Alzheimer’s with therapeutic activities
- Organizing and facilitating group therapy sessions
I use a person-centered approach with the help of cognitive behavioral therapy to light the way forward. I will work with you to reframe negative thoughts and learn how to utilize new tools to pave the way to a fulfilling and happy life. With your unique needs in mind, I will develop a treatment plan that is tailored to you and support you throughout the process, so that you are empowered to make lasting change.
¡Hola! Soy Laura y estoy muy contenta de que estés aquí. Como terapeuta orientada a la justicia social, me apasiona cerrar la brecha entre las comunidades desatendidas y el acceso a la terapia. Gran parte de mi educación y entrenamiento se ha centrado en las competencias de asesoramiento multicultural con diversas poblaciones.
Mi experiencia incluye:
- Asesoramiento individual con adultos con problemas como depresión, ansiedad, perdidas y trauma
- Dirigir grupos de terapia con estudiantes universitarios orientados a expandir la percepción
- Trabajar con niños, adolescentes y adultos con autismo
- Ayudar a los adultos con Alzheimer con actividades terapéuticas
- Organizar y facilitar sesiones de terapia de grupo